Many Swiss tourists and businessmen wondered if they need a visa to Vietnam or not. Here you can find the right answer for Vietnam visa requirements in Switzerland and for those citizens going to travel Vietnam in 2019.
Do Swiss citizens need visa for entering Vietnam or not?
Yes, Swiss citizens need to have a valid visa for making trips to Vietnam. The Vietnam visa policy has given a clear visa exemption to 80 nations and Switzerland is not a part of this list. Hence, it is a compulsion for the citizens here to procure a visa even for small trips to Vietnam. However, since Vietnam has strong democratic bonds with Switzerland, it has laid down several guidelines and rules falling under which the Swiss citizens can avail several visa exemptions for a specified duration of time.
Moreover, Switzerland is one of the 26 European countries forming the Schengen area which have no border controls between them. However, visa is one of the many things for which Swiss citizens need to prepare before traveling to Vietnam.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
Vietnam immigration policies regulated that almost resident of the countries must have Vietnam visa prior to arriving Vietnam, except the citizens of Vietnam visa exempted countries. You should check carefully if you are in the Vietnam visa exemption list or you are obligated to make a Vietnam visa (or visa approval letter) before entering country. It will keep you away from many troubles during your entry.
This is list of countries that Vietnam Immigration allows their citizens to enter Vietnam without visa with detailed length of stay. Unfortunately, Switzerland isn’t in this list. Therefore, you still need visa to enter Vietnam.
2/ Besides, there are two cases that you can travel to Vietnam without Visa:
- APEC business travel card holders are exempt from Vietnam visa for not more than 90 days.
- Travelers to Phu Quoc Island with round trip air ticket and staying on the island for 30 days or less are exempt from having Vietnam visa. A visa is required if going outside the island.
Applying Vietnam Visa At Vietnam Embassy In Switzerland
You can come in person to the Vietnam embassy in Switzerland and you will be instructed step by step on how to apply for a Vietnam visa in Switzerland there. By this way, you have to come directly to the Vietnam embassy at least two times. The first time you come there is to submit required documents and the second one coming there is to get your Vietnam visa.
The traditional way that people always do from past to present is applying visa at Embassy. How to apply Vietnam visa in Switzerland? There are 4 steps you should do to apply for a Vietnam visa at the Vietnam Embassy in Switzerland:
- Visit the Embassy website, and download and fill in the form.
- Bring all required documents (see below).
- Bring cash to pay for stamping fee.
- Normally, after 5 working days, return to the Embassy to collect your visa.
- Process time: it depends on you and how fast you need your visa because, time will not be the same in many different cases. For a detailed answer, you should make a call to your agency or to Vietnam Embassy for details.
For your convenience, we would like to give you the contact information of the Vietnam embassy in Switzerland as below:
Embassy Of Vietnam In Switzerland
- Address: Schlösslistrasse 26, CH-3008 Bern, Switzerland
- 0041-31 388 78 78/74, Fax. 0041-31 388 78 79
- Passport must be at least ONE MONTH valid prior to your proposed date of exit from Vietnam (ex. Visa issued for 01st – 30th March, 2016, passport expiration date must be from 30th April, 2016 on wards).
- Photo must NOT be taken more than one year ago.
- Processing time: 5-7 working days.
Applying Vietnam Visa On Arrival
If you live far away from the Vietnam Embassy and do not want to lose the documents (passport, money or documents) by postal mail or traffic jam once visiting Vietnam Embassy, then you can apply for Vietnam visa from Switzerland online, no matter you are not Swiss citizen and no matter where you are. This way is called Visa on Arrival or Vietnam Visa Online, it allow you to let a visa agent apply Vietnam Visa Online for you and you will pick up your visa at one of Vietnam International Airports, instead of obtaining a visa directly at Vietnam Embassy in Switzerland.
However, you can only get your visa stamped at Vietnam international airport when using Vietnam Visa on Arrival – a kind of visa that you can apply when you are at home. After having the approval letter, passenger can stamp visa at one of Vietnam international airport gates.
Prepare the following documents to stamp your visa at the airport:
- Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (which had been sent to your email in working days)
- Immigration Form
- Passport and remaining period of over 6 months, with at least 2 blank pages
- Two 4×6 photos with white background, taken within 6 months and without glasses
- Stamping fee
When applying Vietnam Visa via Visa On Arrival, you can choose extra service as well, such as FAST TRACK, CAR PICK UP, BOOKING HOTEL, BOOKING TOUR,…
You can refer Vietnam Visa Fees for Vietnam visa fees when applying from Switzerland, remember to choose your nationality.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival or Business Vietnam visa, you can get your Vietnam visa in Zurich, Lucerne, Bern, Basel, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano, Bellinzona or any cities in Switzerland. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
Vietnam visa requirements in Switzerland: Work Permit
Swiss citizens in particular and foreigners living in Switzerland in general are now in Vietnam for working purpose so much. You know, if foreigners want to work in Vietnam in a long time, they can not apply for tourism Vietnam Visa, they need Visa to work, this is also a permission that allows them to work in Vietnam.
About Work Permit – 1 of Vietnam visa requirements in Switzerland, there are something to be noted:
- Person who does not have a Company in Vietnam agreed to guarantee, please let Visa Agent know so they can handle trade visa instead.
- Dossier set submitted to apply for Visa is irrevocable so at that time travelers must still pay fee as normal
- In case Visa cannot be obtained by visa agent’s fault, they will redo or correct free of charge or refund as required by passenger
- When obtaining Visa, applicants can travel by air or road or waterway from Switzerland or from other countries to Vietnam.
Vietnam Visa Extension For Swiss Citizens
Provisions of the Government of Vietnam published that foreigners in general and Swiss citizens in particular are only allowed to stay in Vietnam for a limited period. This is one of requirements of Vietnam visa from Switzerland as well: extension for Vietnam visa. In case the passenger has visa expired without further extension, they will be punished due to overdue visa, can be deported from Vietnam and listed on the entry blacklist.
We heartily inform you that when you enter Vietnam Tan Son Nhat border gate in Ho Chi Minh City, Moc Bai border gate Tay Ninh Province, you will easily extend your visa and save cost than Noi Bai border gate in Hanoi or Da Nang and Nha Trang.
The 3 basic Vietnam Visa extension are trade visa, tourism visa, and work visa, depends on each type of visas that procedures are different.
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
In case there are any question, please do not hesitate to contact us at Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18/ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718 or Email: email@example.com/ Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/.